Do Libras and Scorpio Get Along?
Libras and Scorpios are social and love interacting with others and engaging in lively conversation, but Libras tend to have a wide, varied social circle. At the same time, Scorpio prefers to have a few very close friends. Scorpio will have to reign in their natural tendency for jealousy, as they may want all of Libra’s attention while Libra prefers to socialize with multiple people. Fortunately, Libra is a natural diplomat – they’re able to see multiple angles of any argument and will be thoughtful listeners to any concerns Scorpio brings up. A Libra’s natural impulse is to bring all things into balance, and their friendship with Scorpio will be no exception.
Because of Libra’s diplomatic bent, they can sometimes be manipulated by others, and Scorpio is incredibly defensive of their friends. A Scorpio will have no problem getting between Libra and someone intent on causing them harm. Scorpios internalize the pain of their friends, and while they don’t wear their emotions on their sleeve like other water signs, they’re deeply empathetic and caring.
Scorpios love to leap into the unknown. Libras thrive on acquiring new knowledge, so both friends will likely enjoy exploring new cities, going to new museums, and taking classes together. Libra will be excited and intellectually stimulated by Scorpio’s constant pursuit of the new. As Libras tend to emulate the interests of their friends, they’ll have no problem following along with Scorpio’s latest obsession.
Libra will have to watch their indecisiveness – canceled plans will be seen as a personal affront by passionate, loyal Scorpio. Scorpio will have to try to let things go – Libras can be blunt, and emotional Scorpio can hold a grudge forever if their feelings are hurt. If Scorpio can learn to lean on Libra’s diplomatic skills for navigating problems within the friendship, they can learn powerful lessons about healthy conflict resolution.
How Good is a Libra and Scorpio Friendship?
Libras and Scorpios are often attracted to each other, and their friendship can be very intellectual and emotionally stimulating, but it will take work from both parties. Libra and Scorpio are neighbors on the zodiac wheel, but they’re very different signs.
Common Libra traits include:
Common Scorpio traits include:
- Sensitive (but doesn’t show it)
As you can see, these are two very different personalities! Libras and Scorpios can have loving, fulfilling friendships, but if they don’t put in the work to understand each other, it’s not likely to last for long. While Libra and Scorpio are both fairly loyal signs, Libra tends to gossip – they have a wide social circle of people to talk to, after all – and Scorpio is unlikely to forgive and forget if they let the wrong thing slip. Scorpio’s possessiveness can sometimes get in the way of Libra’s naturally social (and often flirty) nature, and as an air sign, Libra wants to feel free to follow their whims and go where the wind blows. Libra will have to make sure they’re not careless towards sensitive Scorpio, and Scorpio will need to accept Libra’s social butterfly nature. If Scorpio can embrace Libra’s natural proclivity to make a wide variety of friends, they can often discover how much easier it is to make new friendships with Libra there to introduce them!
What Do Scorpios Think of Libras?
Scorpios are naturally drawn to Libras but will have to decide if they’re worth the weight. Libras like to keep things light and airy at first, and Scorpio will be driven to forge a deep bond immediately. If Scorpio can be patient, they’ll likely find themselves able to open up on a deep, genuine level with curious, intellectual Libra, something that secretive Scorpio finds naturally difficult to do.
Scorpios sometimes view Libras as:
- Aloof – Scorpios are very passionate and possessive, and Libras dislike drama or turbulence. Libra’s calm demeanor and need for balance and cooperation can come off as cold to a Scorpio.
- Materialistic – Libras love beauty, aesthetics, and material possessions – they’re often into fashion and love to have beautifully designed homes. Scorpios are less impressed by material things, though they will likely enjoy the attention that comes from Libra’s generous, gifting spirit.
- Intellectual – Scorpios are incredibly intelligent, and both signs are naturally curious, so Scorpio will likely be fascinated by conversations with intellectual Libra. Libra has the ability to see things from all angles. In contrast, Scorpio tends to get fixated on their own point of view, so friendly debates between the two can be incredibly lively and enjoyable for both signs.
- Calm – Libras strive for balance in all things and can have a calming effect on moody, passionate Scorpio. Libra is a curious listener, and if Scorpio can learn to appreciate their cool-headed diplomatic nature, they’ll often find that Libra gives excellent advice and can help Scorpio open their minds to new points of view.
- Artistic – Libras adore art, and Scorpios can be very creative in their own right. While Scorpios are more likely to have a darker aesthetic, these friends can often enjoy creative projects or trips to the art museum together as long as they’re both given space to engage the way that comes naturally to them.
Can Libra and Scorpio Marry?
If Libra and Scorpio can get to the altar, they’ll often have a mutually satisfying marriage, but they’ll have different approaches to reaching their end goal. While Scorpio will want to forge a deep connection immediately, indecisive Libra will need time to decide how serious their relationship is. Libra loves the idea of being in love and is thrilled to be chased and swept off their feet, so if Scorpio can be patient and learn to enjoy the game of romance, they’ll find that Libra is a very committed partner – when they finally make a decision, that is.
Libra and Scorpio can have an intense sexual relationship as Scorpio often awakens more dark and primal energy in their airy partner. Libras and Scorpios enjoy passionate erotic play, and Libra will be open-minded to Scorpio’s more adventurous bedroom ideas. Both partners often have high libidos and will likely be able to keep up with each other.
Who is Scorpio Most Compatible With Friendship?
Scorpios are loyal, devoted friends who will often be your “ride or die” – they’ll do anything for someone they really care about, including coming to your defense. Scorpio’s natural friends are loyal, passionate signs that can handle Scorpio’s fierce demeanor and possessive nature.
- Scorpio and Cancer – Water signs Scorpio and Cancer share a strong depth of feeling and a rich inner emotional life. Cancer tends to wear their feelings on their sleeve while Scorpio hides them, and a friendship with Cancer can teach Scorpio that it’s healthy to open up from time to time. Cancers will actually enjoy the possessive side of Scorpio as they find it extremely fulfilling to be loved and needed, and Scorpio will enjoy the attention from Cancer’s doting, which can be smothering for some other signs. Cancer will have to reign in their natural tendency to initiate an argument when the mood strikes them – if they start a fight with their Scorpio friend, they’re likely to get more than they bargained for, and both of these signs can hold a grudge for a long time. Scorpio’s social, adventurous nature can help introduce homebody Cancer to new experiences, and Scorpio will appreciate always having a safe emotional harbor when they need it.
- Scorpio and Pisces – As long as Scorpio can respect the boundaries Pisces has set – Pisces won’t be able to handle heated confrontation – these two can have an incredibly emotionally fulfilling friendship. Pisces is the best listener in the Zodiac and can encourage their Scorpio friend to open up emotionally by providing seemingly unlimited non-judgemental emotional support. Pisces’ gentle patience can bring out Scorpio’s sensitivity, and Pisces’ keen intuition lets them know when Scorpio is in a negative mood, often choosing to help their Scorpio friend untangle these dark emotions. As a mutable sign, Pisces can help Scorpio to see things with a more nuanced perspective than they would have considered on their own. Scorpio is a very dominant personality, and Pisces will have to make sure not to lose themselves in the friendship – while Scorpio enjoys a certain degree of submission, they’ll quickly grow bored of someone who has lost their identity to the relationship.
- Scorpio and Virgo – Both Scorpio and Virgo love to analyze things, and conversations between the two will be intellectually deep. Virgo will admire Scorpio’s passionate focus, and Scorpio will love Virgo’s keen attention to schedule and details. If the two decide to unite on a mutual project like a business, they can be a formidable team. An Earth sign, Virgo, is much more grounded than Scorpio and can help keep their moodiness in check. Scorpio is likely to respect their honest, intelligent assessment of a situation. Scorpio and Virgo are loyal friends who will take their friendship very seriously, and they both have an independent streak, so they won’t take it as an insult to the friendship when the other wants to do their own thing. Scorpio will have to watch their temper, and Virgo will have to keep their tendency towards criticism in check – both of these signs can start a fight. Still, neither of them handles personal attacks well, so a horrid argument can ruin an otherwise devoted friendship.