The 12 signs of the zodiac are constellations, but a planet or celestial body governs each. While the zodiac signs are visible from Earth, their ruling planets are much closer to you than actual stars that make up each zodiac sign, and their characteristics can have substantial sway over your astrological path. Ruling planets connect to archetypal symbols, which can ground their influence in a human narrative, helping you understand on a personal level how the qualities of each zodiac sign affect your identity, interpersonal relationships, habits, goals, interests, and dreams.
What are the Zodiac Planets?
- Aries (March 21-April 19) – Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of action, aggression, bravery, and primal desire. The influence of Mars can make you driven and action-oriented, often aggressively so, and gives you that initial spark required to achieve your goals and seek out adventure. The action ruled by Mars is primal, instinct-based action without thought. Primal instincts include sexual desire – while Venus rules love and romance, Mars determines how you pursue a sexual partner, your libido, and what pleases you in the bedroom. In mythology, Mars is the god of war and agriculture, revered by the Romans and disdained by the Greeks. Mars can bring violence and destruction but can also temper his aggression with the courage necessary to bring stability and peace. Destruction is the precursor of creation – sometimes, violence is needed for a new way of life to be born.
- Taurus (April 20-May 20) – Taurus is ruled by Venus, the planet of romance, aesthetics, luxury, and material possessions. The influence of Venus dictates how you approach love and romantic affairs and your relationship with beauty, materialism, and finances. While Venus is connected to materialism, it can also be an idealistic ruler. The ideas you have about love and romance due to Venus’s influence are your fantasies and ideals and aren’t necessarily what exists for you on the material plane. The darker side of Venus can encourage you to be lazy, frivolous, and overly materialistic, but at its best, it drives you towards virtue, artistic expression, and meaningful romantic relationships. In mythology, Venus is the goddess of love, fertility, eroticism, and prosperity. She was considered to be unfathomably beautiful, inspiring the affections of gods and mortals alike. She was the wife of the blacksmith god Vulcan but had many extramarital love affairs with men and women alike. Venus encourages us to explore the sensual pleasures that this life has to offer – she knows that beauty and love are essential to happiness and wellbeing.
- Gemini (May 21-June 20) – Gemini is ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication, consciousness, technology, intelligence, and humor. Mercury dictates your ability to formulate and understand your ideas and how clearly you can communicate them to others, how you’re naturally inclined to expend your mental energy, your sense of humor, and your style and pattern of speech. Energy from Mercury can be restless, and the placement of Mercury in your astrological chart can dictate how well you cope with anxiety and nervous energy. A few times a year, Mercury’s orbit slows down and causes an optical illusion where it appears to be orbiting backward. This event is called Mercury retrograde and disrupts communication, travel, and technology – if you find yourself losing your keys, missing appointments, having misunderstandings, or dropping calls more than expected, Mercury in retrograde could be to blame. In mythology, Mercury is the messenger of the gods and the protector of merchants and travelers. Mercury settled disputes between gods and mortals and carried dreams to mortals from the Valley of Somnus. Mercury can also play the role of the trickster god, reminding us that wisdom comes in many forms and that both humor and confusion can bring personal growth.
- Cancer (June 21-July 22) – Cancer is ruled by the Moon, the celestial body that controls emotion, feminine and mothering energy, nurturing, domestic life, your inner nature, and your capacity for love. The Moon’s influence dictates how you react to situations emotionally, how comfortable you are with vulnerability, your relationships with women, how you nurture others, and how you need to be nurtured. The Moon’s placement in your astrological natal chart dictates what you need to feel emotionally secure – a moon in Leo needs attention and encouragement. In contrast, a moon in Sagittarius requires travel and freedom. The Moon is the closest celestial body to the earth, and its pull can be intense, controlling our emotional life the same way it influences the ebb and flow of the tides. The same side of the moon always faces the earth, which means that there’s a literal “dark side” of the moon that you cannot see. That dark influence can bring emotional instability, manipulative tendencies, self-pity, or even self-harm. In mythology, the Moon is ruled by Luna (or Selene, in Greek myth), the goddess that carries the moon across the night sky. Mysterious Luna reminds us to embrace the unknown and the natural cycles of life.
- Leo (July 23-August 22) – Leo is ruled by the Sun, the celestial body that controls ego, self-expression, willpower, masculine energy, purpose, and identity. The Sun dictates how much self-confidence you have naturally, the strength of your personality, your energy levels, your relationships with men, and what you need to be your authentic Self. At its worst, the Sun energy can make us selfish, self-absorbed, stubborn, and arrogant. At its best, the energy of the Sun can inspire generosity, authenticity, creativity, and our natural leadership qualities. The Sun’s placement in your natal chart can indicate how much willpower and energy you have – your ability to carry things through to fruition. In mythology, the Sun is ruled by Sol, who reminds us that we each have an inner light to share with the world and that no matter how dark things seem, the light will always return.
- Virgo (August 23-September 22) – Virgo is ruled by Mercury, just like Gemini, but Mercury expresses a different aspect in Virgo. Mercury’s mind-focused influence on Virgo is expressed in Earth-element form as a need for order, perfectionism, habits, efficiency, and practical thoughts. Mercury’s energy in Virgo dictates your habits, organizational ability, approach to physical wellness, and many mundane details of everyday life. In Virgo, Mercurial energy can manifest as hypochondria, obsession with detail, or over-analysis. Some modern astrologers have suggested that the asteroid Chiron rules Virgo. Chiron is often referred to as the “wounded healer,” like the mythological centaur Chiron who was gifted in the practice of medicine and had a wisdom that helped the ill and dying to attain greater peace of body, mind, and soul. This myth speaks to Virgo’s drive towards service, and Chiron in our astrological chart dictates how we attempt to heal our deepest wounds.
- Libra (September 23-October 22) – Libra, like Taurus, is ruled by Venus. The aspect of Venus expressed in Libra is harmony and partnership. Venus, combined with the air element, has a more intellectual quality and dictates what you need to feel balanced, how you approach justice, what you look for in a partnership, and how your personal and business relationships may play out. At best, this energy cultivates skills in diplomacy, cooperation, insight, and peacekeeping, but at worst, this influence can cause indecision, emotional overwhelm, excessive people-pleasing, resentment, and even revenge.
- Scorpio (October 23-November 21) – Scorpio is ruled by Pluto, the celestial body that governs transformation, new perspectives, the subconscious, death, and rebirth. The influence of Pluto is intense and wide-reaching – entire generations can have the same Pluto sign – and dictates your power, your response to the chaos of life and cultural shifts, and how you face physical death and death of the ego. Pluto’s placement in an astrological natal chart can control how a generation shapes society and what collective truths are valued and pursued. Pluto is the god of the dead and Lord of the underworld, metal, precious stones, luck, and fate. Pluto reminds you that your most significant wealth can lie in the exploration of the shadows – if you’re brave enough to face the darkness, you can find rich spiritual rewards.
- Sagittarius (November 22-December 21) – Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter, the planet that governs luck, prosperity, good fortune, ideologies, higher learning, and philosophy. The influence of Jupiter dictates your views on success, whether you have good or bad luck, your career interests, your propensity for higher education and philosophical thought, and your relationship with major institutions like religion and the law. Energy from Jupiter is often benefic and encourages self-growth, but Jupiter can also stand in judgment. Jupiter’s power can be corrective or even punitive if you’re on the wrong life path. Jupiter’s placement in your astrological natal chart can also dictate your approach to leisure, influencing you to pursue recreational activities to grow your spirit and mind at its best, encouraging slothfulness and even substance abuse at its worst. In mythology, Jupiter is the king of the gods, ruling the heavens and summoning thunderstorms. Jupiter reminds you to take charge of your own life and epitomizes the phrase “fortune favors the bold.”
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) – Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, the planet of responsibility, hard work, discipline, reservations, order, conformity, and obligation. The influence of Saturn dictates how you respond to authority and your need for boundaries and limits. Saturn can be a sobering influence on your astrological profile that encourages you to be mature, reliable, and self-disciplined, but it can also bring depression, chronic disease, and poverty. Saturn’s conservative nature can lead us to value tradition at its best and to be rigid and unchanging at its worst. Saturn influences wisdom in our older age and governs how we feel about our life’s accomplishments. In mythology, Saturn is associated with Cronos, the king of the Titans who devoured his children to maintain his celestial power. The story of Cronos reminds us to temper ambition with responsibility – some lines should never be crossed.
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) – Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the planet of liberation, social upheaval, innovation, revolution, progress, and paranormal gifts. Uranus influences your individuality, your relationship with social progress and humanitarianism, where you refuse to be a part of a crowd, and how rebellious your nature is. Placed favorably in your astrological chart, Uranus can bring expanded consciousness, a penchant for invention, and a revolutionary spirit. An unfavorable placement for Uranus can bring mental disturbances and a deeply misunderstood nature. In mythology, Uranus is the father of the titans and the king of the sky. Uranus was an ancient god, and his narrative connects us to new beginnings grounded in old truths.
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20) – Pisces is ruled by Neptune, the planet of imagination, ideals, illusions, enchantment, fantasy, dreams, and spiritual awakening. The influence of Neptune indicates what inspires you, how you handle the obligations of romance, your approach to spirituality, where you’ll encounter confusion, and how you integrate your fantasies with the material world. The energy of Neptune can be a bit manic. A favorable placement for Neptune can lead to profound spiritual truths. In contrast, and unfavorable placement can lead to escapism and mental instability. In mythology, Neptune is the god of the sea, commanding fear and devotion from sea-faring mortals. Neptune resided in a golden palace beneath the sea and reminds us that a wealth of inner knowledge lies in exploring the depth of our spiritual nature.
The Big Six Zodiac Planets
The Big Six Zodiac Planets are known to influence the lives of individuals based on their astrological signs. Ancient astrologers believed that the planets represented the will of the deities and their direct influence over human affairs. Modern astrologers believe that the planets represent the basic drives and energy flow regulators of the unconscious. Each planet expresses itself in a different way through its characteristic qualities in each sign and house. As a result, there is a relationship between each planet and the other five planets in the zodiac.
If you’re interested in the Zodiac, you can learn more about each of these planets by taking an astrology test. There are also many websites and apps that reveal the placements of the Big Six in your birth chart. You’ll be able to determine your sun sign, moon sign, rising sign, and Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Pluto in your chart. In addition to learning about your own astrological sign, you can learn about other planets in your birth chart.
Uranus is the modern ruling planet of Aquarius and is exalted in Scorpio. In Greek mythology, Uranus is a personification of the sky. During its orbit, it presents each of its poles to the Sun. The planet alternates between total darkness and total light. It takes 84 years to orbit the Sun. The discovery of Uranus was made by Sir William Herschel in 1781.
Uranus is the most unpredictable planet in the zodiac. It is exalted in Scorpio. Classical Greek mythology describes Uranus as the personification of the sky. During its orbit, Uranus is rotated on its side and presents each of its poles to the Sun. It alternates between complete darkness and total light. It takes 84 years to orbit the Sun.
The Big Six Zodiac planets are ruled by the Sun, Venus, and Mars are the other five. These planets influence people’s lives based on their zodiac sign. For example, the person born under Scorpio has a strong, serious character and is the most practical. The other two signs are Leo, Virgo, and Cancer. These signs are ruled by the Sun.
The planets in the zodiac sign influence the behavior and character of its occupants. In the case of the Moon, Uranus rules the sign of Cancer and is exalted in Aquarius. It is a polar planet that rotates on its side during its orbit. Its polarity is represented by its axis. The Sun is the sexiest of the six.
The modern ruling planet of Aquarius, Uranus is also the exalted planet in Scorpio. It is the personification of the sky in classical mythology. During its orbit, the planet rotates on its side, presenting each pole to the Sun. Its polarity reflects the intensity of its light and darkness. During its orbit, the planetary position is represented by the corresponding astrological sign.
The big six Zodiac planets have different effects on their respective signs. For example, the ruling planet of Aquarius is ruled by Uranus while it is exalted in Scorpio. The other five astrological signs have their own ruling planets. The other five planets, meanwhile, are ruled by other planetary houses. For instance, the Sun is the dominant planet of Scorpio, while Neptune is the exalted planet of Pisces.
The water sun, Neptune, represents the sea and fresh water. In modern astrology, Mars rules the first house. Traditionally, Mars ruled the second house. It is the ruler of the fifth house. The earth signs are practical, and the water signs are flexible. While Neptune is the most powerful planet in the zodiac, they both represent the same planet. In astrology, the sun is the most emotional of the six planets.
The Planets of the Sun and the Moon have different effects on the zodiac signs. The Sun rules the lion, while the tiger rules the pig is ruled by the snake. A Scorpio is a fire-loving sign ruled by Saturn. It is the most spiritual sign. If you are attracted to the beauty of the universe, you will be attracted to it.
What Are the 12 Planets List?
When it comes to naming the planets in our solar system, it is easy to get confused by the choices. For example, the traditional nine would include Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Pluto. This new designation would include Ceres, the largest asteroid, and Pluto’s moon, Charon. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) is meeting this week in Prague to discuss whether to include Pluto in the list. Regardless of what the IAU votes on, a plan is being discussed that will make the solar system comprise of 12 planets.
The list of the planets in the solar system consists of eight: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. According to the International Astronomical Union, Pluto was recently downgraded to a dwarf planet. However, it has not yet officially been classified as a planet. For now, it is still included on the list, and the IAU is expected to announce additional planets in the future.
There are 12 planets in the Solar System, which are in order from the Sun. These planets are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The IAU has recently redefined the term “planet” and “dwarf planet” to distinguish them from the “dwarf” designation. In the list, Mercury and Venus are the first two planets. The rest are dwarf planets, which the IAU defined as a separate classification.
The list of planets is often updated as new objects are discovered and their physics are better understood. In this case, the list consists of eight geophysical planets and four gravitationally rounded objects. The IAU has also added a fifth, Ceres, as part of a plan for expanding the list of worlds in the solar system. The list of planets is a great starting point for exploration, and will make it easier to decide which planets to explore in the future.
The IAU has also defined five “dwarf” planets. Currently, there are eight recognized planets and five dwarf planets. The list is updated regularly as new discoveries are made and as the science of these planets advances. This is a brief overview of the most important and fascinating planets. There are also a few known “dwarf” objects. The IAU has a complete list of all the world’s worlds, which is the official definition of planets.
The list of planets contains the eight geophysical planets and five “dwarf planets”. The list also includes two dwarf planets, Ceres and Pluto. These are the moons of Jupiter, Saturn, and the Sun. As of today, the IAU has named nine of these worlds as’real’ planets. The list has many other names, including “dwarfs,” but the names of the moons are still the same.
The IAU has also categorized the moons of Earth and Mercury as ‘dwarf planets’. The moons of the sun are called ‘dwarf planets’ because they are smaller than Pluto. But the other dwarf planets aren’t called “dwarf planets” because they are not inhabited. They are simply ‘dwarf planets’. These are not real.
As mentioned, the list of planets includes the geophysical planets of our solar system. The IAU also defines ‘dwarf planets’ as objects with no known earthly home. The other two categories are ‘dwarf’ and ‘dwarf worlds’. The designations of the dwarf planets differ according to their size and location in the solar system. The IAU recognizes five of them and adds several more.
In addition to the Earth, there are several other objects that could be considered ‘dwarf’ planets. They have not been formally designated as ‘dwarf planets’, but they are considered ‘dwarf planets’ by the IAU. As such, the list of worlds is made up of twelve candidates. If one is ‘dwarf planet’, then it is not a moon but it may be a dwarf world.
The planets were originally named after Greek and Roman gods. The Earth name, which means ‘ground’ in Arabic, has been used for more than a thousand years. As the only planet where life has been observed, it is considered a prime location for life. The Moon is a dwarf planet, while Mars is the only other dwarf planet. The moon has been around since the ancient times. The Earth is a hot and dry world, but it has some water at the poles.
What Do the Zodiac Planets Represent?
Modern astrologers differ on the basis of these correlations, but they generally agree that the zodiac planets express different qualities in each sign and house. They represent various basic drives and impulses in our unconscious, and each planet rules a different aspect of the sign. These aspects can be very important for interpreting the signs of the zodiac. However, modern astrologers tend to focus on the fundamental nature of the universe, and the relationship between the planets and signs.
There are three major categories of zodiac planets: benefic, neutral, and malefic. The inner planets influence your daily life and affect your mood and habits. The outer planets have different roles and influence, but all are associated with different aspects of your life. The most powerful and influential are Jupiter, Venus, and Mars. The inner planets are the ones that can influence your daily routine and personal habits.
The ruler of your chart is the planet that governs your Ascendant. This is the planet that contributes to your sense of self and the impression you give to others. The rising signs are ruled by the malefic planets, while the planetary positions of each of them can be found in your birth chart. It is important to consult an astrologer to determine the exact position of the planets in your birth chart.
The astrological planets affect your life differently based on their sign. Your birth chart will tell you where each planet is at any given time. If you are curious about which planets are in your zodiac, you should consult a professional astrologer. The answers to these questions are valuable in understanding your zodiac sign. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask an astrologer.
There are two types of planets in the zodiac. There are benefic planets and malefic planets. The benefic planets move quickly through the zodiac and influence our daily lives, while the malefic planets take longer to transit the zodiac. The outer planets are the slower moving ones and are known as the “bad guys”. These are the inner planets. But there are some other differences as well.
A horoscope can also show you what type of zodiac planets are the most important in your chart. The planets in your zodiac are important and affect your lives in various ways. If the planets are not in harmony in your zodiac chart, it is important to consult a professional astrologer to learn more about the signs of the zodiac. If you’re not sure how the planets relate to one another, take a look at the charts for your sign.
The zodiac’s planets affect us in different ways, and the planets that affect you most are the most important ones. During the course of a lifetime, the planets affect your personality, and your sign influences your decisions, and the planets in your chart will have an effect on your daily life and on the way you think. During the first few years of your life, Mercury will be the most prominent planet in your zodiac.
The zodiac planets are not just symbols. They have specific meanings. In Chinese and Hindu astrology, the planets are grouped into signs. Some planets are known as the malefic or benefic, and they are regarded as the planets that are not. The zodiac planets are the ones that can affect your life in many ways. You should consult a professional astrologer for your sign to find out which one represents you.
The zodiac planets have different qualities. Each planet rules a different part of our lives. As a result, they have unique vibes and directives. If you’re looking for a character, you can use your zodiac planets to identify yourself. You’ll be able to discover your unique qualities in a variety of areas, and your personality will shine through. And the zodiac planets are not just about personalities; they represent our moods, habits, and personalities.
What Planet Rules Each Zodiac Sign?
There is an extensive astrological system with different planetary signs. However, a common question is: what planet rules each zodiac sign? In traditional astrology, the sun and moon ruled each sign. But now, the planetary rulership is spread out. Besides the sun, Mercury and Venus still rule two zodiac signs. Knowing which planet rules your zodiac sign can help you understand its astrological energy and cosmic characteristics.
Astrology also recognizes that each zodiac sign is ruled by a particular planet. Traditional zodiac rulers included Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. These planets are not traditional rulers. They used to be considered ‘traditional’ because they ruled two signs. Now, though, we have more options than ever. We’ll start with Pluto. As you can see, the traditional zodiac rulers aren’t always accurate.
In addition to their rule, each zodiac sign has a different ruling planet. In general, the ruler of a sign’s chart is the planetary ruler of the sign’s first house. So, if your name is Aries, it would be Mars, Taurus, or Gemini. Moreover, the planetary ruler of a sign is the planetary ruler of the sign’ second house.
If you want to know the astrological planet that rules your zodiac sign, you should learn about each of the eight zodiac signs. For example, the Earth-ruled Virgo has Mercury. The logical, practical, and problem-solving ruler of the sign is Virgo. If you want to get to know the planet ruling your zodiac sign, read on. You’ll be surprised at the different traits of these astrological signs!
The ruling planet of Virgo is Mercury. He is the analytical, rational sign. He is an analytical person and will take into consideration all aspects of his or her environment. He is also an excellent communicator and a good communicator. While Mercury rules Virgo, it rules Gemini as well. The latter has the best communication skills. And Libra is the most sensitive of all the signs. If you’re a Libra, you are the most sensitive sign among all.
While Virgo is an air sign, Virgo is an earth sign. It is a warrior, a lover, and a caretaker. The planet of Mars governs both Libra and Virgo. As the eldest child of the zodiac, Aries sets the pace for all the other signs. It is the most responsible sign, and the most sensitive. The ruler of the corresponding signs is a combination of the earth and air.
Natal Neptune rules the analytical Virgo. He is highly analytical and likes to plan and execute ideas. Virgo is also the analytical type, so he or she can be critical in making decisions. While he or she is analytical, he or she may have a high aptitude for details. Hence, he or she may be very logical and practical. This sign will be the most responsible of all the zodiac signs.
Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. As an earth sign, it is highly goal-oriented and logical. It is in sync with Saturn’s strict approach. While it may be restrictive, it also allows the Capricorn to avoid shortcuts. If they follow the rules and do not take shortcuts, they will not succeed. This is because the world is not ready for them. If they fail to achieve their goals, they will lose their confidence.
Virgo is ruled by Mercury, the planet of logic. This zodiac sign understands and executes ideas. It has a high capacity for both detail and overall vision. Thus, it is practical and efficient. If you want to be creative, Virgo will be ruled by Mars. Its ruler is the Sun. It rules over everything in our world. A Scorpio is a fire-breathed pig.
The most mysterious sign of all is Scorpio. Its ruling planet is Pluto. The god of the sky is also known as Pluto. But as you can see, the two planets have very different meanings. If Mars is your ruling planet, it represents a deeper aspect of your personality. Its influence on your relationship with your spouse is very important. You may find that your spouse will feel jealous if you aren’t a Scorpio.